Thursday, November 18, 2010

Death Forgiven

Marcelino Olmos                                          11/09/10
                                                         Death Forgiven
  by: Francisco Jimenes
   
    Can a death of a close friend be forgiven?. Can you forget about someone you had so much fun with?. This are two of the main question I asked my self when I was reading the story “Death Forgiven” By Francisco Jimenes. This story is about  a boy who get a pet parrot  El Perico”. Many things happen in this story that changes the mood of it. Some themes that you could find in this story are friendship, family and responsibility. .
    One of the themes in the story is friendship. This is a theme I found in the story because on page 57 where it says “ El Perico, my close friend had a tragic ending” This quote shows that the boy and the parrot where close friends and that he had a lot of fun with the parrot. Another quote that shows that friendship is one of the themes; is where it says “The affection El Peric and I had for each other was matched only by his attachment to Catarina a spotted black cat.” This means that he was well attached to the parrot just like the parrot was with the cat.
    Another theme that I was able to find in the story is Family. Family is one theme that I found on the story because on page 57 it says “ Once he learned to trust us, he become a family member”  This shows that the parrot become a family member once he was able to trust them. One more quote that I found was  “ I, and the rest of my family grew to love El Perico” This shows that the family loved to be with El Perico.
    The last theme that I was able to find in the story was responsibility. Responsibility is another theme because in the story on the last page where it says, “ Roberto, Trampita and I buried El Perico in a cigar box.” This shows that he was responsible to have buried the body instead of just throwing it. Another quote that shows that he is responsible is that on page 58 it says “ I would place a grape box underneath El Perico ,stretch  my arm and hold my index, close to his toes so that he could perch on it”. This shows that he would the parrot his food .

1 comment:

  1. Great response ! I like how you explained everything very clearly, and with a lot of details .

    ReplyDelete